Study visit to the Kingdom of Sweden was organized from December 1 to December 7 of 2019 in the municipality of Gävle. Representatives of municipalities participating in the project “Improvement of the Investment Environment in Serbia” (Arilje, Bor, Valjevo, Ćuprija, Knjaževac, Sombor, Vranje, Zrenjanin, Pirot, Požarevac) and a part of the implementation team of the Republic Geodetic Authority participated in the working visit.
The delegation from Serbia was received by Mr. Anders Lindquist, Deputy Director-General of Lantmäteriet (Swedish Agency for Cadastre, Cartography and Land Registry), Mrs. Zoja Faraj, Project Manager at Lantmäteriet, Ms. Eva Allander, Chair of the Council in Gävle Municipality, and Ms. Anika Lindquist, Head of the International Department in Gävle Municipality.
The aim of the visit is to increase the capacity of municipalities and the RGA implementation team. The training took place at Lantmäteriet premises and in the municipality of Gävle. At Lantmateriät the lecturers spoke on the topics of:
- Fields of activity
- Organization, competencies and role of Lantmäteriet in the development of society
- Creation of smart collaboration
- Communication and collaboration at Lantmäteriet
Municipality of Gävle organized presentations covering the following areas:
- Presentation of the role and responsibilities of municipalities in Sweden. How are municipalities organized and how are they financed?
- Investment support system in Sweden and Gävleborg
- Attracting investments and new companies to the municipality and supporting the growth of existing companies
- The planning process and use of GIS in the municipality
- Attracting human resources and developing skills, the role of the HR department
- Internationalization as a tool for development within the municipality
- Field visits to existing and planned industrial zones and investment areas
Representatives of municipalities participated in the expert discussion during the training, showed high levels of motivation to improve business in their local unit, as well as considered possibilities for further development of local self-government units. The project “Improvement of the Investment Environment in Serbia” has started with the realization of one of the goals of the project, and some of the investment locations have already been set up on the digital platform of Geosrbija.